Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Those eyes.......

When you look into someone's eyes, what do you see?  Is your vision of them colored by their behavior that day?  Do you only see their messes?  

So often, it is easy to simply see my frustration when I see my little ones.  I see the water all over the floor dripped from the pet water dish, or the piles of cat food left as "treats" for the kitties, or the toys strewn everywhere from our imaginary play. I smell the fifth dirty diaper of the day, or feel my hunger as my lunch still sits..now cold.... on the counter.  I hear the baby starting to cry.....again....  

But those eyes......

 

When I look into those eyes.....nothing else matters. I don't see the messes, the dishes, the piles.  I just see my child. When I see those eyes, I see the one I carried for over 9 months. The one I puked for, cried for, ached for, cared for, bled for, and pray for.  Those eyes shine forth with love and complete trust.  

They melt me every time. 

So often we feel that when God looks at us, He just sees our mess. He just sees our jealous attitude, ungrateful heart, and selfish spirit.  And while that's true.....as God cannot overlook sin in all it's ugliness and rebelliousness.  He cannot be close to it in all His holiness. 

But you know what He also sees? 

Our eyes. 


When He looks at you, He sees his child.  The one He made, the one He ached for, the one He pleads with, and the one He bled and died for. His eyes are constantly on us.....but not in condemnation. 

Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you."Psalm 33:18 "Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, On those who hope for His lovingkindness,"
And this is one my of favorites: "The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing." Zeph. 3:17 Did you read that?  He takes delight in you!  He sings about you!
The next time you look into your little one's eyes or the eyes of someone dear to you, remember how God looks at you.  He has gone over and above any sacrifice we've done for another. He's given everything for us, and extended an undeserved invitation to an eternal relationship with Him!  And when He looks at us......He doesn't look with condemnation.  He doesn't focus on our mess. 
He sees our eyes.....                 He sees His child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment