Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Remember the goal and hold on to your dream.

12 weeks. Just 12 more weeks. But honestly I've been counting down since I still had over 20 weeks to go. Today I'm sick again. My husband told me he understands if I don't want any more, since pregnancy is so rough on me. But I would do it all over again......

Some goals are so valuable, that we press forward no matter the struggle. 


I'm part of the lucky few who get to be sick all nine months, whose toddler gets accustomed to praying for "mama not be sick" and who has googled all the remedies. I don't enjoy the pregnancy process......but I would do it all over again.  

Some goals are worth any struggle. 

My dear friends who foster parent, don't do it because they love the hard conversations about birth families, the tears or anger the kids feel, or the stress of bringing someone new into their home.  Rather they see the potential to provide those children with a safe and loving home, to help them learn boundaries, morals, good decision making, responsibility, to succeed in school, etc. 

Some goals are worth sacrifices. 

Most teachers don't work long hours because they love sharpening pencils, correcting papers, writing behavior plans, or typing up one more lesson.  They do it for that look in a child's eye when they accomplish a personal goal, or for that squeal when kids get excited about a topic. 

Some goals require you to wait for them. 

The other night I told my husband that "I missed my chickens". He looked at me funny, and said "you don't have any chickens."  I shared how I was tossing out bad lettuce in the trashcan earlier, and thinking if I just had my dream chickens all this old food wouldn't have to go to waste. So I 'missed my future chickens'......my dream that is yet to come. 

Some goals may make you feel like they will never happen. 

Remember my garden pictures? How all the bare dirt and scrawny plants made me discouraged, and wondering if they would grow? 


Some goals feel like they will never happen, they require sacrifices, struggles, and waiting. But those are the goals that are worth it! They are worth waiting and struggling for!







Hebrews 12:2 says, "For the joy set before him (Jesus) he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  He pressed forward no matter the struggle.  He decided his goal was worth any struggle, any sacrifice, any wait time, and that He would do whatever it took to accomplish it even if it looked hopeless. His goal was ....us. We were and are the joy set before Him. 

May that give us courage and strength, to remember that Jesus pressed on to accomplish His goal in us! So we can likewise persevere in our goals to serve others. 

Let's press on with our most important goals.  Keeping our eyes on that target.  Reminding ourselves of what's at stake, and what's in store for us if we persevere. 

Some goals are worth everything. 

PS. What are some of your goals that you are working hard towards?  Leave a comment, I'd love to hear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment